Those who know me would probably agree with this statement…
“If it is worth doing, it’s worth overdoing!
That pretty much sums up the last 6 months or so of flying. Hello blog, it’s been a while. So thought a brief snapshot of what’s been going on was probably in order! So on opening my logbook and page turning the last 6 months, I’m slightly a taken back when I realise is covers 4 pages! Ok, I use double spacing, but that is still nuts! Ok, now that I’m slightly over the shock and already re-living a good part of it. There are a few, “oh that’s right moments going on”.
This year was all about getting my aerobatics rating, which ended up taking a month. So a bit more has been going on. Here is a bit of summary of the last 6 months flying 🙂
- Finished aerobatics and very regularly take willing friends and family flying
- CSU & Retract endorsement. For the non aviation geeks, that means Constant Speed Propellor (ok still not making sense I’m sure) and Retractable undercarriage rating
- Garmin G1000 glass cockpit and GFC700 autopilot training
- Cessna C177 Cardinal type rating
- Robin 2160 type rating
- Diamond DA40 type rating
- Cessna C172SP G1000 and GFC700 autopilot check flight
- Joined the awesome Curtin Flying Club
- Gliding lessons
- Trips to Jurien Bay, Rottnest, Busselton, Cunderdin and Northam (an unplanned but awesome diversion)
Here are some pictures and the odd video or two of a few of the trips. I’ll get motivated and share some of the experiences, if as much for myself to keep that personal record of what adventures that have been had. Of course, there are a few more on the cards too, lots of study at the moment for the IREX exam, but that is another story…
Anyway, here are just a few of the Adventures in pictures and videos 🙂
Finally to finish off, a fun quick video from the weekend of a Perth city flight and tame aeros with Justin from work…
Hey Brett. Haven’t visited the site for a while but just watched the VID. Awesome stuff. Thanks for sharing.